Camera connection error in W11 over Parallels Desktop 17 on macOS Ventura

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeromeC5, Oct 25, 2022.

1. JeromeC5

JeromeC5 Bit poster

Hi.
    I just installed Parallels Desktop 18 on an Apple Silicon Mac.
    In Windows 11 for ARM, I get an error message saying that it is impossible to connect Virtual Video Camera at the moment each time I launch it, if the "share Mac camera with Windows" is clicked.
    In the end it worked, but Parallels picked up my iPhone as a camera!.
    I see no possibility of choosing a "system camera" on the Mac side, so "sharing the Mac's camera with Windows" seems very odd.

What am I missing here?
    Thanks in advance.

2. cp:fusion

cp:fusion Bit poster

Hi @JeromeC5,
    I am getting the same issue, on Monterey! Did you ever get this resolved?
    Cheers

3. JeromeFromParis

JeromeFromParis Bit poster

Hi @cp.fusion
    I had not figured it out ...but I just did after reading your message.

It appears that "share Mac camera with Windows" should say cameras, because it shares all Mac cameras, including virtual (software) cameras.
    I had a few virtual cameras from apps that were not updated or were not properly authorized.
    I used Zoom on the macOS side to check for all available cameras, and there were a few from apps I did not use and were not working.
    I deleted the apps I did not use, made sure that all the available cameras in Zoom were working (I still have the great Reincubate Camo, teh very old but functional iGlasses, plus my MBP's FaceTime HD and my iPhone's via Continuity camera).

Now, with ""share Mac camera with Windows"" enabled, I launch Parallels Desktop, and no more error message.

Does that solve the issue for you ?

4. JeromeFromParis

JeromeFromParis Bit poster

5. cp:fusion

cp:fusion Bit poster

Hi @JeromeFromParis
    I also had an old out-of-date virtual camera, which I have removed, and now the message is gone.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and provide a solution.
    Best regards,
    Craig