Can I group VMs in the Control Center View?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ChrisP6, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ChrisP6

ChrisP6

I have a demonstration and test environment consisting of four VMs. I also have a dozen other VMs that I use regularly.

I'm able to re-arrange them in whatever order I want but would prefer to put those four, or others, in their own VM Group. The long last of VMs is a PIA to scroll through and of course will only get longer as I create new environments.

I'm using the Compact View option but would still prefer to put my related VMs in their own groups. I can't find a way to do this and thinking that maybe it's a feature request others have considered. What say ye?

NoelM1 likes this.
  2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @ChrisP6 ,
    This feature is not available in Parallels Desktop. We will take your take your feedback and share it with our dev team. Thank you for sharing this suggestion.

3. W.L

W.L Bit Poster

Hello Support,

Any news on this?

Regards,
    W.L.

4. GlennS4

GlennS4 Bit Poster

I'd be interested in this, too. I'm in the same boat as ChrisP6. I have many VMs and the list continues to grow as new projects develop. Being able to group VMs would seem to be a standard requirement.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @GlennS4 , as of now a list of Parallels virtual machines in Parallels Desktop Control Center cannot be re-ordered manually . However we will share this feedback to our development team.

6. GlennS4

GlennS4 Bit Poster

Thanks for the quick response, Arun.
    I assume you meant to say the list of Parallels VM can only be re-ordered manually. What I'd like to see is the ability to organize VMs into groups that could be collapsed in the Control Center.

7. Sathiya@Parallels

Sathiya@Parallels Staff Member

As of now, it is not possible to group the list of virtual machines displayed in control center menu. However, you can post your request in features and suggestions so that it will be considered for future development.