Can I safely move location of Parallels VM files?

HonzaI

Member
Hello,

for various reasons I would like to move the location of my VM files from "Documents" to other location.

I assume I just need to move them and modify configuration of Parallels.

Are there any other problems with this issue I should expect?

Thanks

Jan
 
the best way is to clone your VM to the new location
and clone it again to an external hard disk as a back up

then after running it to check it out
use
PD >> menu >> file > delete
to get rid of the original

I run all my VM from a VW 800 La Cie hard disk

if you are new to the Mac try and lose the DOS / unix / windows / hacker mentality
and exploit the GUI and the automation fully


I chose the Mac OS GUI in about 1995 because I did not wish to learn DOS

Hugh W
 
Back
Top