Can I stop Parallels changing Windows Power Settings

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mog0, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mog0

mog0 Junior Member

I have a problem with Parallels changing the Windows power settings every time it starts up and I want to know if there is any way to stop Parallels doing this.

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) installed on boot camp and also use it with Parallels. Every time I boot it using Parallels, it changes the power scheme to "Parallels", which has all of the power savings turned off, including the turn screen off after... setting. This means that if I run Parallels and then reboot into boot camp, the screen no longer turns itself off at all and when I come back to the computer the next day I have a ghostly image of the previous days windows on the screen.

I can understand why Parallels would want to turn off the power saving features that aren't useful when running under OSX but it should only change the setting ONCE, when it is first set up and then respect any changes that the user makes to them. Parallels does NOT know best, I know best and I really want Parallels to respect my choices. This is a type of issue that recurrs throughout Parallels, that it makes changes to Windows instead of just running Windows "as is". Many of these changes just cause problems.
    I have used VMWare in the past and this is something that it just does not seem to do. I switched for the performance of Parallels but I know that VMWare has since made improvements and with all of the annoyances of Parallels I will consider switching back next time major versions come out.

Mog