If possible, I would like to be able to use my Canon MF4150 multi-function machine from Windows XP in Parallels. The Mac software for the MF4150 cannot access its scanner functions. I can only use the Canon’s sheet-fed scanner using the Windows XP software driver.
As I understand it, when I run Windows XP in Parallels, Windows applications use drivers installed in Mac OS X to access printers, scanners and other peripherals. Those drivers are the software I'm accessing when I select a USB device from the Devices menu.
Does this mean that I cannot install the Canon Windows XP driver software in Windows and then use it directly from Windows XP in Parallels, to access my device's scanner functions?
I'm using Parallels build 4560, OS X 10.4.10 on an intel imac.
Thanks in advance for all advice.
As I understand it, when I run Windows XP in Parallels, Windows applications use drivers installed in Mac OS X to access printers, scanners and other peripherals. Those drivers are the software I'm accessing when I select a USB device from the Devices menu.
Does this mean that I cannot install the Canon Windows XP driver software in Windows and then use it directly from Windows XP in Parallels, to access my device's scanner functions?
I'm using Parallels build 4560, OS X 10.4.10 on an intel imac.
Thanks in advance for all advice.