Can no longer copy/paste from mac to windows 10 after windows reset

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DeanH4, Dec 18, 2019.

1. DeanH4

DeanH4 Bit poster

My company insisted that I do a full reset of my windows 10 VM to allow for the use of the company MS Office platform. Ever since I did it, I can't copy and paste between the mac and the Windows VM, a critical thing in my work. I've tried restarting VM, rebooting windows, rebooting mac, reinstalling Toolbox, nothing seems to work. Sharing of mac clipboard is enabled in VM options. copy/paste work in windows and works in mac, but not between. No idea what to try next. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dean

2. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Hello Dean,

Keeping in mind the fact that the Windows was reset I think the reason why copy-paste doesn't work because Parallels Tools are not installed yet after the reset. Try installing them and check the results. Additionally, as you have mentioned that your company insisted on resetting Windows some of its settings may be managed by the organization thus causing issues with Parallels Tools installation. If an anti-virus is installed try disabling it before installing Parallels Tools and then enable back. Also, open the virtual machine configuration go to Options > More Options and make sure that Share Mac Clipboard option is enabled.

3. DeanH4

DeanH4 Bit poster

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried, on the mac, uninstalling Toolbox and reinstalling. I believe you are right about my company managing some of the settings. Another thing I realized happened after the reset, and logging into windows, is that my username changed, so the user path changed from c:\users\flast to c:\users\first.last. Even though I logged in as the same user, it appears that the company is defining the user name. So, it looks like there is a disconnect between the Mac and the VM now. I am no longer sharing folders between them (or able to cut/paste), which I was before. I'm not sure how to get them synced again...

Thanks,
    Dean

4. OyvindH

OyvindH Bit poster

Hi!

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue. Any solution to the problem?