Can Parallels run Mojave on an M1 Mac device?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by NoahM3, May 22, 2021.

1. NoahM3

NoahM3

I'm a stubborn macOS Mojave user and I don't want to give up my ability to run 32-bit apps. I understand that macOS Catalina uninstalls the 32-bit drivers, that all Mac computers from late 2019 onward came with Catalina by default, and that Parallels for Mac has previously been able to install a [any?] previous version of macOS as a partition.
    Is this still the case? Can I run macOS Mojave (or earlier versions of macOS) through a Parallels partition on a Mac device with an M1 chip? If so, will it be able to run 32-bit apps through that partition?
    I've looked everywhere for an answer to this, but it is so unclear since Parallels' primary use seems to be running Windows on a Mac.

2. NoahM3

NoahM3

I should note that I currently have a Mid-2019 Macbook Pro- the last generation of 15" models that supported Mojave.
    I'm looking into getting something newer, but not if Parallels can't help me.

3. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

No, you can't. You can't virtualize any Intel OS on M1.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Bit Poster

You can't even virtualize Big Sur at the moment as the hypervisor doesn't seem setup for that somehow. You Must have Intel hardware for what you want.