If Windows 10 and/or 11 Enterprise 64 bit is installed as a guest on an M1 Mac (host) (running Parallels), will Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) for Windows run?
Perhaps I should (also?) be asking if Win 10 &/or 11 Enterprise 64 bit can run as a Windows guest on a Mac M1 host, or can only an ARM version of Windows be run (on an M1 Mac host). If not, then based on the following from a Microsoft forum ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-preview/a9f140f2-7670-4977-b0e7-eed5138f0b00 ), then it appears there is no way to run RSAT in a Windows guest on an M1 Mac host:
"**Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 can be installed ONLY on computers that are running the full release of Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Enterprise, or Windows 10 Education.** Remote Server Administration Tools cannot be installed on Windows RT, computers with an Advanced RISC Machine (ARM) architecture, or other system-on-chip devices.
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10 runs on both x86- and x64-based editions of the full release of Windows 10, Professional, Enterprise or Education editions"
fyi. with the more recent versions of Windows 11 ARM, the x86 emulations works pretty well.
I kind of got all none-armn software I want to work very good thanks to this emulation... Beside RSAT.
Damn how I have tries to manually move the binaries in place and move reg-settings for a RSAT installation.
So If anyone makes any progress on this, please help. And I will continue to force RSAT in place... becuse I do think it works.. its just about avoiding the OS x86 check...