Cannot activate purchased Parallels, "no internet connection" message.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Jim18, May 24, 2023.

1. Jim18

Jim18 Bit poster

Hello
    I recently purchased an OEM Unopened box PARALLELS 11 (due to my Legacy MAC OS (10.11.4) and Windows XP LEGACY requirements).
    I just installed it and was not able to activate it. (recieved "Please Check your internet connection, unable to activate).
    I WAS able to register it in my account on your site, but it will still not pass the screen activation on my MAC.

The Key # was accepted by the install screen on my MAC, but I cannot get past the "no internet" screen to complete the activation.
    Please advise, Thank You

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly try the steps offered in this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/113744
    Please let us know if the issue persists, after completing all the steps in the article.
    Thank you.

3. Chris72

Chris72 Bit poster

I'm not the original poster, but have the same problem.
    These kb's 124073 124225 113624 113744 are all useless.
    I've been waiting to find a real and working solution to be able to use my Parallels Desktop again! It's been more than a year!

Does it have to do with trust chain DST Root CA X3 being expired? But it seems others with latter MacOS still have this problem.

4. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

I had this problem on an upgraded 2011 iMac where I had left the original HDD in place and had an SSD installed in place of the optical drive. Unfortunately due to a bug in Parallels (which they will not acknowledge, claiming P11 is "too old for them to bother with") it sees the SSD as an external drive and won't install and gives the "no internet connection" message. Your situation may be different, but I throw this in just in case. There was no solution given by Parallels except their tired old "reinstall Mac OS" default (which does not apply in my case as I'm running a clone of my other identical iMac where P11 runs perfectly) .

5. Alper_Rozanes

Alper_Rozanes Bit poster

Hello, has anyone had any success addressing this issue? Thanks!

6. AlexBo1

AlexBo1 Bit poster

Parallels company doesn't really respect those who choose their product, and here's why - in 2014 I bought Parallels Desktop for Mac, since then I haven't changed the operating system on my Mac, I was fine and everything worked, but after I updated the system Mac OS, my Parallels has been installed, but the servers of the Parallels company specifically do not allow you to enter an electronic key to register the product. The support says that the version is old, but I have an old laptop and an old Mac OS on it. How can I continue to work?!! It's like you go to the hospital and they don't give you medicine because you're 60 years old...Parallels Desktop for Mac DOESN'T WORK! It's okay, but many people have this problem!!! Go to the forum and see themselves! Support answers once a day!!! All this company policy is aimed at deceiving you! So that you pay every time! You buy a program - but it does not work!