Cannot boot after Upgrade to Application Server Client 6

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by chal, Feb 15, 2008.

1. chal

chal Guest

I am unable to boot a PC (XP Pro SP2 running on a dual boot Macbook) after updating the server client from 5.1 (build 313) (I think), to 6.0 (build 416). I installed version 6 over the top of 5.1, as I have done successfully in the past (maybe I shouldn't have?).

I just get an error window:

"User Interface Failure
    The Logon User Interface DLL C:\Program Files\2x\ApplicationServerClient\\TUXCredProv.dll failed to load"

I am then told to replace or restore the original DLL and am offered a
    "Restart" button.

I can only boot into safe mode. Using MSCONFIG to do a limited boot doesn't help.

I have the following registry entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Ginadll

"GinaDLL"="C:\Program Files\2X\ApplicationServer Client\\TUXCredProv.dll"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\TuxOldGinaDll

"TuxOldGinaDll"="ULAgent.dll"

Help please
    Geoff

2. andregc

andregc Guest

Restore Windows

Hey bud,

I had the same problem last nite. You need to restore your windows xp system prior the update of the 2x client.

Use System Restore
    After you've decided to use System Restore to revert your system to a previous state, start the System Restore Wizard and follow the prompts. To use the System Restore Wizard, make sure you're logged on as an administrator, and then follow these steps:

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, as shown in Figure 2, and then click Next.

Let me know how it goes

3. chal

chal Guest

Yeah, thanks for that Andre - I was holding off on trying System Restore to see if there is a better solution - I doubt that we are isolated cases.

One thing, how did you go running the client after during the System Restore?

Geoff

4. andregc

andregc Guest

Hey man

I did the System Restore and then I reinstalled it again; however, after few days I had the same problem. I have not dealt with this machine so far because i had to move on to other computers, but if i had to guess it would be only a problem with the installation process.

Whenever i get the chance to work with that machine again I will make sure 2X is complete unistalled and also clean up registry , you know the whole deal. I hope it helps.

Later man

5. nixu

nixu Guest

Hey Guys...

If this happens all you have to do is to remove the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL

Please note that this issue is solved in the latest client (build 419) and can be downloaded from: http://www.2x.com/downloads/

Nixu

6. nerves

nerves Guest

Logon user interface DLL TUXCredProv.dll failed to load

Looks like this problem wasn't fixed with the latest build (467) as I just received this error after uninstalling 2X from my 2003 enterprise server. The registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GinaDLL

Doesn't exist.

Any suggestions (without doing a system restore?)

7. BrisVegasCRM

BrisVegasCRM Guest

Re:

Cheers for this. Worked a treat.

Issue occured with a Windows XP workstation on a Server 2003 R2 environment using roaming profiles after installed latest Windows Client (v9.0.1053). Error message occurs and unable to log onto network or restore to Windows last known good settings. Logged onto workstation locally as Administrator in safe mode. Deleted registry key. Restarted. Success.

8. jmi

jmi Guest

We experienced the same problem - upgrading from v8.something to 9.0.1053. Happened on two XP clients so far, deleting the registry key solved the problem. Any fix in the works? May this be avoided by choosing not to install the SSO component?

9. lharsh

lharsh Guest

This is also happening to us with the basic client delivered via the web interface in v9 build 1061. This could be very problematic if not resolved soon.

I will submit a case with support.

-Landon