I have been sucessfully running Windows 8.1 Pro on Parallels Desktop 9 for several months now. I recently setup Remote Desktop for the first name. I can ONLY access my VM with an IP address and not the computer name. I cannot even ping my VM from the host Mac except by IP address.
I also want to use IIS from my VM externally, to act as an ASP.NET web server.
The only solution I've found is from http://manski.net/2011/12/assign-dns-name-to-virtual-machine-here-parallels-desktop-7/. But that solution depends on editing the hosts file on each computer on the local network. That would NOT work on an iOS device without jail breaking.
I can live with a static IP address always assigned to the VM. But somehow I need to get the VM to broadcast its computer name just like other computers on the local network.
Perhaps I could setup the host Mac to act as a name server whenever the VM is running.
Any ideas?
I also want to use IIS from my VM externally, to act as an ASP.NET web server.
The only solution I've found is from http://manski.net/2011/12/assign-dns-name-to-virtual-machine-here-parallels-desktop-7/. But that solution depends on editing the hosts file on each computer on the local network. That would NOT work on an iOS device without jail breaking.
I can live with a static IP address always assigned to the VM. But somehow I need to get the VM to broadcast its computer name just like other computers on the local network.
Perhaps I could setup the host Mac to act as a name server whenever the VM is running.
Any ideas?