Cannot get video from security cameras

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by jakesaly, Feb 13, 2007.

1. jakesaly

jakesaly Bit poster

I am trying to get the video from my security cameras at my business remotely and have been unable to do it with my parallels.
    Tech Support at the security camera company said that I had no memory in my video .
    Also, support at parallels said that this is a virtual environment and that they have not mastered direct x and 3d video.
    Is there any help out there?

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

There is no help out there, other than to say, hopefully the next version will resolve your issues.

Currently, there is no 3d, no direct x, and the video memory is only 8Mb, so video output is relatively limited.

3. loper9

loper9 Bit poster

Security Cameras Work!

I was in the same boat... I need to use Remote Viewing Software Client... the client software installs fine, I can log in from Parallels, but there had been black screens, no video... I had been waiting for new versions, Direct X support, etc.

On a hunch, I went back to the remote client software from within Parallels and went to the client video setup preferences. The choices were Overlay Mixer, Video Renderer, and GDI. I tried all of them, and with GDI, the video DOES appear in the remote client window. It works great!

The software I'm using is from Lorex. Hope this helps.