Cannot Import CDs

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by CStephen84, Mar 13, 2007.

1. CStephen84

CStephen84 Member

I am an attorney in the music business. I need the Windows OS for certain software. I am running XP on my MacBook Pro. I often need to do things in iTunes for business reasons -- such as importing a CD for transfer to the iPod. However, when Parallels is running and I insert a CD I get a window on the Windows side wanting to know how to treat the CD. I don't want to do anything on the Windows side. I want my normal iTunes interface. Do I have to shut down Parallels everytime I want to do something in iTunes or with a CD? That is very inconvenient as I prefer to keep Windows running all day -- There is my calendar, contacts, files, etc., all in the software mentioned earlier. Thanks for your help. Steve

2. abanks

abanks Hunter

You need to go to Parallels > Devices > CD/DVD and select disconnect and then the mac will get everything back

3. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This happens to people outside the legal profession, too. Either Windows or OS X can access the CD at any particular time - you have to tell your VM to release it, or configure your VM in the Configuration menu of Parallels to ignore the CD when it starts up.

4. Ynot

Ynot Pro

also you can click to CD icon in status bar and select Disconnect item there.