Cannot install upgrade to 4.0

mavrinan

Junior Member
I have version 3, I was going to try version 4.

I've downloaded the build 3540 this morning, when I start the installer, it says it cannot be installed on this Mac because it is not Intel. It is Intel: MacBook 1,1, running OS 10.4.11.

I looked in Console, and found this:

Parallels CPU Check Tool

CPU Vendor: Intel
Hardware Virtualization: PRESENTED (VT-x)

Summary: Your CPU can run Virtual Machines
2008-12-01 06:28:37.323 Parallels Installer[335] Could not find image named 'NSStopProgressFreestandingTemplate'.
 
Firmware is up to date,

Thanks for that suggestion, but it hasn't solved the issue.

The firmware is up to date for this computer. The version (from System Info) is:

MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version: 1.4f12
OS version 10.4.11

There are later Firmware updates but these don't apply to this computer, one of the first Macbook models from May 2006. (Model Identifier: Macbook 1,1)

The VT is enabled, Parallels 3 says the virtualization mode is VT-X.
 
Back
Top