Cannot read NAS after installing Parallel Desktop

BillyTeo

Bit poster
Hi guys,

I have a problem and don't know if it is normal.

I bought the new 21" iMac.
Installed Windows 7 using Bootcamp.

Everything worked fine.
My Synology NAS could be read by Mountain Lion and Windows 7.

After testing that everything is working okay.
I installed Parallel Desktop.

It worked nicely, but I cannot get it to read my NAS which is over WiFi network.

I had since un-installed the Parallel Desktop.
Because I could not run Windows in Bootcamp with Parallel installed.
Is this also normal?

Thanks a lot guys

Billy
 
Hi Billy,

Do you have antivirus software running on the Mac side? Are you behind the Firewall? These things can conflict with your network drive connections as well. I'd recommend to install Parallels Desktop and try to play with its networking modes: VM > Configure > Hardware > Network, try to switch it between Shared and Bridged and see if there is a difference. If you still cannot connect, please submit a problem report from Parallels Desktop : http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and post the ID here.
 
Back
Top