Cannot Uninstall or Install Latest Version

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by techuser6, Jul 16, 2014.

1. techuser6

techuser6 Bit poster

Environment: Windows 7 64bit SP1
    Version 10 was deployed through a GPO

GPO has been disabled and no longer being applied to the PC in question. Running RSOP.msc does not reveal that it is being applied any longer, and windows event viewer does not show any GP events trying to re-apply the 2X client.

When trying to install the latest release of 2X Client, and/or perform an uninstall of version 10, I am getting this message on several PC's.

I am logged in as an Administrator with full permissions on the PC. This is the message that I get. I have run "sfc \scannow", "chkdsk" - no errors, and ensured that the Hard Drive Firmware, and BIOS was completely up to date. Per suggestion of a Microsoft KB referencing Registry Problems.

I have also tried to run "msiexec \x 2Xclient.msi". To try and uninstall this way. I've also been told that on another PC with similar issue that CCLEANER was ran on the machine and there was an attempt to remove, and it wouldn't uninstall.

[T 00/0000006A] Mon Jul 14 15:25:11 2014 - Failed to LoadHive: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\ntuser.dat (Not all privileges or groups referenced are assigned to the caller. [0x00000514])

[I 00/0000006A] Mon Jul 14 15:25:13 2014 - Failed to LoadHive: C:\Users\%username%\ntuser.dat (The system cannot find the file specified. [0x00000002])

How can I do a clean uninstall of the 2Xclient? At this point, I am wondering if I should manually remove all of the registry entries and folder directories if someone has that link?

Please suggest how to resolve this problem that is occurring on multiple PC's. Also, how to perform a clean uninstall if the problem cannot be resolved to remove it via the Programs and Features option.

Thanks.