Cannot use activation key on a new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by rynp, Jun 19, 2022.

1. rynp

rynp Bit poster

Hi,
    Parallels support is unresponsive. I have this issue with the activation key and the available support options, I have used Facebook Messenger but got no response.

My problem is this. My old MacBook Pro broke down. I got a new one but I cannot activate Parallels on the new MacBook. I have a Pro license and what happens is:
    • I enter my activation key on the new MacBook on the Activate Parallels Desktop window
    • The activation key window seems to accept the activation key, a checkbox appears to the right of the text input. So I click on Activate
    • I get a popup:
      This license is already used to activate Parallels Desktop on another Mac. To activate Parallels Desktop on this Mac, it is recommended that you purchase a new license.
      If you choose to activate this license on this Mac, the other copy of Parallels Desktop will be automatically deactivated
    • That seems ok, so I click on "Activate on this Mac"
    • Then I get a popup:
      Unable to perform the operation.
      This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again
    • And no, the account and the license is correct. I have briefly booted to the old (and about to explode) MacBook to check that the account and license key are correct.
    So, I have the valid license on the old MacBook with my valid Parallels account and there is an option to use the activation key on the new MacBook with the same account but it does not work. Because "the license key is associated with another account."

Excuse me, but that is exactly the same account on the old and new MacBook.
    I am now using the trial but it is running out soon and I need the Pro features.

Parallels support system is really exhausting.

2. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, please refer to and follow the steps to activate your Parallels Desktop license on the new Mac. If the issue still persists, please DM us with the license key so that we can resolve the issue. Thanks.

3. rynp

rynp Bit poster

how do I DM you??

4. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @rynp, We have sent you a DM. Kindly check now. Thanks.