Cannot use coherence view and 30 inch Cinema display

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by hilmartor, Jan 7, 2007.

1. hilmartor

hilmartor Member

Hi

Is there a known problem using coherence and 30" Mac Cinema display. I cannot use coherence when using 30 " display but when using only my 17" C2D Mac Book Pro it works like a charm. I am using 3106 version of Parallels.

Any ideas??

Hilmar

2. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

I have used my 30" very nicely, no problems in Coherence since it first was released. BUT, I am driving it from a MacPro and ATi x1900 video card. So I doubt is the display, but something with the laptop's video card and or drivers...

3. DaMaDo

DaMaDo Bit poster

I'm also using a mac pro with the ATI 1900XT driving a 30 inch cinema at 2560x1600 and when I click on coherence nothing happens. I tried the vew coherence also and nothing happens either. I have 2 static drives on the 30 day trial. using a clean install of xp through parallels and I installed the parallel tools in 3106. Any help is appreciated =)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  4. watersb

watersb Bit poster

Coherence works fine with my Mac Pro and 30-inch monitor.

I'll try driving the 30-inch from my 15-in MacBookPro and see if I have any trouble...

5. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I ws told not to go to the 30 inch with the MacBook Pro by the Apple Shop Bullring BirminghamUK

1920 x 1200 works fine
    what resolution have you set it at?

Coherence mode only supports a single screen until the geeks have hacked a WinXP 2 screen driver in a future beta

Hugh W

6. endlessbender

endlessbender Member

I would not recommend running coherence on a 30" with a Macbook Pro, it caused all sorts of problems for me with build 3106. I had to reinstall parallels. I noted my struggle in an earlier post. I believe the culprit is the Macbook Pro video card, it can't handle both OS's at full resolution.