Can't Access .pvm After Moving it to OS X Sierra iCloud Drive?

VikR

Junior Member
I copied my Windows 7.pvm file to my OS X Sierra iCloud drive. Then I couldn't open the file. Parallels didn't recognize it as a .pvm file. I copied it back to my Downloads folder and Parallels still wouldn't open it. I used Finer Get Info to look at file info, and it says the name of the file is ".Windows7 pvm.iCloud". I tried changing the name to "Windows 7.pvm" but I got an error message saying there is already a file called "Windows 7.pvm." But if there is, it must be invisible.

What is the correct way to get my Windows 7.pvm back?
 
The file is grayed out in the Parallels Open File dialog and can't be selected for opening. There was no error message.
 
The file is grayed out in the Parallels Open File dialog and can't be selected for opening. There was no error message.
The pvm file is not copied properly it is still on the iCloud drive. Refer this article and exclude the pvm file. Try to copy the pvm and paste it on the new location mentioned in the article.
 
The article says:

IMPORTANT: double-click the virtual machine bundle after moving it to the new directory to register it in Parallels Desktop for Mac.​

I double click the Windows 7.pvm file, and click the Choose Application button to register the file in Parallels Desktop for Mac. But when I find Parallels Desktop for Mac in the Applications folder, it is grayed out and disabled. If I check select "Enable all Applications", I can select Parallels Desktop for Mac, but nothing happens-- Parallels doesn't open the .pvm file.

How can I correct this?

Note: I used Finder Get Info to look at file info, and it says the name of the file is ".Windows7 pvm.iCloud". But when I view the file in the Finder, the name shown is "Windows 7.pvm."

Thanks in advance to all for any info.
 
Back
Top