Can't Cancel Subscription

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChrisS18, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ChrisS18

ChrisS18 Bit poster

I am stuck in a loop. I got an email saying subscription payment is coming July 2, but when I go to the Dashboard it says my subscription expired in 2015. So I can't cancel it. Also, I can't make a trouble ticket (apparently a subscription is needed). I am not on twitter or Facebook (apparently required to make a request), and can't email (or call) because the system thinks my subscription is expired.

I don't use this product anymore, and would just like to cancel at this time. Any idea how to?

2. @ChrisS18, in order to cancel subscription and avoid any future payments you can use this KB article.
    But as I understand you got some issue with license in your account. So, could you please provide me with you license key and email account, for the further investigation.

3. ThomasAdams24

ThomasAdams24 Bit poster

I have a similar issue. Maria, could you clarify where should I send you my data?
    Regards, Thomas

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2019
  4. ChrisS18

ChrisS18 Bit poster

Maria responded to me as a direct message. While you wait I thought I would explain what my problem was, so you can check if you did the same thing.

When I signed up, it was about 5 years ago, and long story short I used an older email account. Over the time since, I stopped using that account and forgot about it. It seems my subscription was tied to a different newer email, I believe because it was the account tied to my PayPal. So the subscription emails I was getting were coming in on that email, but the actual Parallels account was setup on a different (old) email. When Maria told me the account the account the license was tied to, I realized that was the problem. At that point I logged in using the old email, and then I was able to stop my subscription based on the instructions in the KB article. I don't know why it let me log into Parallels with the subscription email, and then basically make it so I can't do anything. But that was the problem. It looked like I was locked out, but it was really because I was using the wrong email.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. JosefP3

JosefP3 Bit poster

Chris, thanks for sharing this message as I had the similar problem as well