Can't copy files over from Mac desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LavinaG, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LavinaG

LavinaG Bit poster

Hi, I have Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, Build 6.0.12106, rev 692267 Sep 7, 2011

I had no problems whatsoever, but I do recall Parallels autoupdating fairly recently. I just started up the program as I needed to do some work in the Windows environment, however I can't drag and drop (copy) files from my Mac Finder window onto the Parallels desktop. Nothing happens.

The cursor picks up the file and visually it's carried over with the green plus sign, but when I let go on top of the Windows desktop environment, the file does not appear.

I have never had any problems like this before, and copying used to work perfectly fine.

Can anyone help?

My Mac is 10.7.2

Thank you!!

2. AntonAy

AntonAy Bit poster

Hi, Lavina.
    Most reasonnable solution for you is to reinstall Parallels Tools: Virtual Machine -> Reinstal Parallels Tools.

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Sometimes the Parallels Service crashes disabling drag and drop of files, the simplest way to overcome this is shutdown the VM and restart Parallels.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. budsimrin

budsimrin Member

Closing and restarting Parallels worked for me

I have Parallels Build 7.0.15054 and today ran into the same problem. I also never had this problem before. But, simply closing and restarting Parallels fixed the problem, even with the desktop merely suspended. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. AntoniusC

AntoniusC Bit poster

I'm face many problem my files can not copy and delete too. but now i have no problem. I'm also face fix error. Do you know how i solved this? ...............

Cyber Crime
    Internet Fraud

6. paddys

paddys Bit poster

May you are use CTRL+C key??????

7. budsimrin

budsimrin Member

Ditto. Same problem for first time. Shutting down, turning off Parallels and then back on did the trick. Thank you.

8. DavidL10

DavidL10 Bit poster

Hi all

I upgraded to Parallels 11 on Mac Yosemite and now when I copy a file from finder say a PDF and paste it into MS Outlook (via parallels), instead of acting like a drag and drop (which works), it simply pastes a large image of a PDF icon. this goes for all files, large icons that you cannot double click .. but looks like an image.

Please help
    David