Can't enter Ctl-Alt-Del into Parallels 3.0

Hi. I just installed Parallels 3.0 b4128 over version 2.5 and when I start up Windows I come to the old familiar dialog box requesting a Ctl-Alt-Del sequence because of a locked screen. No problem, I'm used to that. I used to be able to just go to the Parallels menu and do Actions -> Send Keys -> Ctl-Alt-Del and then enter my password to get in. But not in this shiny new 3.0 version - I can't get a Ctl-Alt-Del into Windows at all and so I'm now dead in the water.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (10.4.10) with a bluetooth mouse and keyboard (as I was in 2.5).

I've done all the usual Windows solutions - slaughter a lamb, pray to all the known gods, face Mecca etc. Anyone out there know another solution?
 
I have the same problem. I've just installed Parallels 3.0 on my new Mac Book Pro and used transporter to convert a VPC7 Win XP disk image into Parallels format. (That took some solving to get Transporter to read the correct file). Now when I open the Windows XP VM I get exactly the symptoms described above.

However, it neither responds to ctrl-alt-fn-backspace or to the send keys command from the menu.

I have no mouse control in the Parallels window but it releases every time when I press ctrl-alt.

Anyone had a completely unresponsive Parallels VM like this?

Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 10.4.10 4Gb
 
I have partially answered this problem with some assistance from our Systems Administrator. It looks like the transported vpc7 disk was corrupted in some way. I did a clean install from a new Windows XP installer disk and it worked flawlessly using the express installation method. All key presses worked as expected.

So now I'm up an running at last. :)
 
Back
Top