Can't find my activation key to change to new computer

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JasonS7, Aug 14, 2017.

1. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I remember being able to log into my account to find my key for Parallels Desktop 10, but now that I go to look it up to change it over to a new computer I can't find my key on my account anywhere. Very frustrating.

Anyone know how I can find my key to make the change as I have tried what the support forum said but those options don't lead me to my key.

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonS7 We are unable to see any activation from your email. We would request you to send us a Private Message with the possible email address. to help you further. Thanks, Shathish

3. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

Also looking into how to deactivate the old one they say:

"Click on the Parallels Desktop menu, and select Account & License. In the activation window, click on your account email address and select Sign Out."

But nowhere on the menu is there an Account & License option

4. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonS7 Please share some screenshots to help you further.

5. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

Don't see anything that says Account & License

Attached Files:

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonS7 You have already logged out, so you will not get that option. You only get Activate Product.

7. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

That makes no sense as I have never logged out and I can still Run Parallels on that mac with no issues.

If I click activate product it tells me "This is an active copy of Parallels Desktop."

I am still waiting for you to help me retrieve my activation key so I can type it in on the new macbook i migrated everything to.

8. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonS7 We are unable to see any activation from your email. We would request you to send us a Private Message with the possible email address. to help you further. Thanks, Shathish

9. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I've sent you at least 3 messages throughout the day and you haven't responded yet

10. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JasonS7 We have sent you a private message. please check and let us know

11. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I am still looking for how I log out. I finally got my license key but I can't use it as it says it is still active on the other computer. I can't follow your direction as I have pointed out there is no option in the menu.

Please help.

12. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

Following your article: http://kb.parallels.com/123461

I find though in Desktop 10 there is no menu option in the top right corner of that screen.

I have been searching your help files but can't find anything on how to sign out of Desktop 10.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared your activation key in the private message.

14. JasonS7

JasonS7 Junior Member

I realize you did. I have that now. I was asking how I deactivate it on the old mac as your support forum search only tells me about 11 and 12 and not 10.

The key has done me no good on the new mac when it tells me I need to deactivate it on the old one yet there is no easy way to deactivate it on the old one.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You don't have an option to deactivate Parallels Desktop 10 on the old Mac. Please follow the instructions below to activate it on the new Mac:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online