Can't find original virtual disk after copy to NEW MAC AIR

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NAHZRebel, May 2, 2018.

1. NAHZRebel

NAHZRebel Bit poster

I had a problem with old machine. It is in for repair. I took another MAC AIR and did a RESTORE from Time Capsule to make tithe same as the one in for repair. Everything looks good except Parallels cannot find the virtual machine. I believe I know the name of the virtual disk but cannot locate it. Shouldn't it end with .pvm extension? Where can I find it? Also the original disk was in finder. When I click on that one I get "
    There was a problem connecting to the server "127.0.0.1".
    This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again later.

Where can I find the my original Virtual Drive. I NEED TO GET IN IT?

Or How do I create another one?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi NAHZRebel.
    Yes, the virtual machine file has the extension '.pvm'. Please follow these instructions to locate the same (to be on the safer side, you may look for the '.pvm' file in Trash).
    By installing Windows afresh (make sure you have your Windows product key with you). If you end up deciding on this course of action, then please follow these steps:
    1.) Download a new Windows disk image file from here and ensure that the download completes successfully.
    2.) Follow these steps to begin installing Windows, using the disk image file downloaded earlier.
    3.) In the screen titled "Name and Location", select 'Customize settings before installation' and click on 'Continue'.
    4.) In the virtual machine configuration window that appears, navigate to Hardware -> CPU & Memory and allocate 2 processors (or just 1 if the total number of available processors is just 2) and 2 GB of memory for Windows [or just 1 GB if total Mac memory is only 2 GB (or) 3 GB if total Mac memory is 8 GB (or) 4 GB if total Mac memory is > 8 GB].
    5.) Select 'Graphics' and allocate 1 GB of video memory for Windows.
    6.) Close the window and proceed with the installation.