Can't get OSx 10.7 to work

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MatthewB20, May 23, 2020.

1. MatthewB20

MatthewB20 Bit poster

Hi,

I am certain this is user error.
    I have a very old Mac running 10.7 but it has some software on it I need to retain. I have created an external bootable drive with a copy on it.

if I plug this in, I can run Parallels on my Mojave MacBook and it works just fine. However what I want to do is actually have this old version of Mac OS running in the same manner as the Win10 version I have. So far I have tried creating a image file from disk utility inside the running image and them importing this into Parallels and afternoon a while I end up with a spinning wheel and a no entry sign. I have tried creating a Mojave's version and restoring from a time machine backup but it won't let me do that. I did try in disk utility to create a DVD image, but the Mac reported insufficient disk space even though there was over 300GB free on either drive. Unfortunately I don't have the original media for the white Mac and I can't find any installer from a site I trust.

I have hunted around in google, but all the advice appears to be on getting windows to run - that was easy, so I am at a loss on how to do it.

much appreciated for any tips or ideas.