Can't install/update Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Pro (ARM)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AntoineL3, Nov 30, 2023.

1. AntoineL3

AntoineL3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I cannot install/update the Microsoft Store on Windows 11 Pro (ARM). I'm using Parallels Desktop for Mac 19 (Standard) on macOS Sonoma 14.1.
    I get this error: 0x803fb004.
    Does anyone know how to fix it or a workaround?

Best,
    Antoine

ZeDctr and TomasN3 like this.
  2. TomasN3

TomasN3 Bit poster

I have same issue. Yesterday I created new VM with Windows 11 Pro (automated process from Parallels) and ended up having same error code. None of the recommended fixes on interned worked for me. Even recreating the VM did not help. Its probably something specific to newest version of Parallels/Windows 11

3. Kire Bre

Kire Bre Bit poster

This is also happening to me.
    I purchased Parallels for Mac (ARM), running Windows 11 Pro (activated).
    Using 16" Macbook Pro, 2021. Running Ventura 13.5.2.
    I do not even have the Microsoft Store. I've run the below commands in Powershell (as admin) and Terminal (as admin). Neither did anything.

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Then I ran the below to install...
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

I restarted my VM after the latter command, and still nothing.

Please, can someone help us?

Best,
    Erik

ZeDctr, DaveB23 and TomasN3 like this.
  4. ZeDctr

ZeDctr Bit poster

Had the same experience https://forum.parallels.com/threads/fresh-install-of-windows-11-arm-microsoft-store-missing.362291/
    Can anybody do a new install of windows at the moment with a working store? or is this a general problem?

5. AntoineL3

AntoineL3 Bit poster

I also tried to install Windows 11 Pro (ARM) on VMware Fusion Player 13 as I thought it would be a Parallels issue but encountered the same problem even there, so I thought then it mustn't be a virtualization issue but rather a Windows build issue. Therefore, I tried installing one of the first Windows 11 Pro (ARM) builds on Parallels but encountered the same problem with the Microsoft Store again, so it shouldn't be a Windows build issue either. I THINK. (I'm going crazy).

We mustn't be the only ones having this issue, right?

6. TimM28

TimM28 Bit poster

Exactly the same issue over here

7. MatthewO7

MatthewO7 Bit poster

Also getting the same error. Also I noticed the Notepad app no longer opens.
    I didn't have these issues when I installed 22H2 last month

8. TomasN3

TomasN3 Bit poster

I did a clean Windows VM installation (default from Parallels) and went to check Event logs during attempts to reinstall Microsoft Store. This are 2 events that seem to be related to it. No idea what to make of it, but maybe someone will get some idea

Code:
    Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Acquisition;Parallels-ARMReinstaller
    P2: 803fb004
    P3: 22631
    P4: 2715
    P5: Windows.Desktop
    P6: P
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Acquisition;Para_3db51bf270aab1caac2690aa57a5139c5cdabb8_00000000_d558acd2-3cfd-416d-b3bc-31b67aaa8d75

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: d558acd2-3cfd-416d-b3bc-31b67aaa8d75
    Report Status: 4
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0
    Code:
    Fault bucket 1485163566864581806, type 5
    Event Name: StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: Acquisition;Parallels-ARMReinstaller
    P2: 803fb004
    P3: 22631
    P4: 2715
    P5: Windows.Desktop
    P6: P
    P7: 
    P8: 
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.062ffb65-ca5b-4b0a-bf15-ad56c6e59502.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\NonCritical_Acquisition;Para_3db51bf270aab1caac2690aa57a5139c5cdabb8_00000000_d558acd2-3cfd-416d-b3bc-31b67aaa8d75

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: d558acd2-3cfd-416d-b3bc-31b67aaa8d75
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: 004376615530c82aa49c5c653450c4ae
    Cab Guid: 0

9. AntonM6

AntonM6 Junior Member

I have the same problem. I've reinstalled it 10 times, and each time I get error 0x803fb004.

10. AntonM6

AntonM6 Junior Member

It didn't help.

11. Kire Bre

Kire Bre Bit poster

I have opened 4 or 5 tickets with Parallels. They have yet to help; they say to speak to Microsoft Support. I've talked to Support from Microsoft; they sent me back to Parallels.

YouTube has no videos that help, and I can only type "wsreset.exe" so many times into the CMD prompt, type out the same Powershell commands... nothing.

I've even tried to back-door install the app that I am after, Xbox, using this approach:

And that works to install a certain app from the store but not the Store itself. Additionally, there seems to be some connection required to make the Xbox app work in connection with the Store, so it's essentially half-functional.

PLEASE help, Parallels!

12. Kire Bre

Kire Bre Bit poster

This happens on the latest version of Parallels, so the KB I am constantly referred to by Parallels staff is moot (the resolution is to update to the latest version of Parallels):

kb.parallels.com/en/128520

[​IMG]

13. AntoineL3

AntoineL3 Bit poster

I watched that video, too, and it was helpful to a certain extent. But I want a functional Microsoft Store on my Windows. I've watched videos, read articles, etc., and... nothing. I give up. I thought by now, a Staff person would at least acknowledge the issue if not provide, at the very best, a workaround in place of a solution.

Kire Bre likes this.
  14. Kire Bre

Kire Bre Bit poster

15. Mike85

Mike85 Bit poster

this is the solution. regular powershell with admin wasn't letting me run wsreset i literally spent all night trying to figure this out until i found this website. its ridiculous i have to do this after paying for a service by parallels
    if you click the link start from the bottom first i did it top down and it failed. i started over from the bottom up and worked flawlessly. best of luck
    1. windows search bar powershell ISE 64 run as admin
    2. Get-AppxPackage -Name "Microsoft.WindowsStore" -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. reboot
    4. iwr -useb https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaBigBlob/ms-store-arm64/main/allowARMv2.ps1|iex
    5. click yes
    6. click yes
    7. wsreset.exe -1

Microsoft Store on ARM64 (for UTM) | ms-store-arm64 (dabigblob.github.io)

as a first time customer Parallels - do better.

16. AntonM6

AntonM6 Junior Member

It didn't help.
    upload_2023-12-2_12-7-37.png

17. TomasN3

TomasN3 Bit poster

Thank you. It seemed promising, but after last step I got this error message. Which is probably the same as Antons message.

Attached Files:

18. Mike85

Mike85 Bit poster

I spent all day working on this yesterday and I followed the steps in that website a few times before it worked.

does wsreset.exe -I work? When you type it out in the powershell bottom right bell icon if you click that windows should say it's updating and downloading the windows store.

19. Mike85

Mike85 Bit poster

You can try to run in powershell
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

I also forgot to mention I went into settings for windows and typed in store in the search. There was a link that allowed windows to scan the MS store for problems. It told me that I needed UAC setup and I had to login into windows with my account. In my case it was my yahoo.com address, the same one I use on my PC.

20. Mike85

Mike85 Bit poster

I did some research right now and it sounds like to me you're having the same problem I had initially, there's a command on that link, the last one.. that removes the windows store, then you type in the command that comes first that adds a registry key to redownload the windows store. Then you hit wsreset and it restarts and downloads the windows store.

Sounds like to me it deleted the store but didn't redownload it. Maybe the YouTube video below can help you guys get the store back and in turn fix your issue.