Can't install Win7 Ultimate 64-bit on new MBP with Parallels 4.0.38484

ApolinarasS

Bit poster
Forgive my newbishness in the world of Macs. I have recently bought brand spankin' new MBP15 with Snow Leopard on it.
I have installed Parallels 4 and updated it. Than I forced OSX to boot in 64-bit mode all the time.
I tried installing Win7 Ultimate, but it seems to default to 32-bit install.
How can I force Win7 to install as 64-bit?
I have Win7 Ultimate retail edition.
 
ApolinarasS, you don't have to boot Mac OS X to 64-bit mode to install Windows 7 in Parallels Desktop 5 virtual environment. Boot normally, start PD 5 and launch Virtual Machine Assistant. It should automatically detect installation media. Are you sure you have purchased 64-bit Windows 7 edition?
 
I am using PD4 not PD5, and Win7 Ultimate retail packs come with 32 and 64 on the same ISO. Win7 apparently detects if you are running x64
 
Back
Top