Can't open Virtual Machines after "Archive and Install" of Snow Leopard OS X 10.6

JasonPG

Bit poster
Hi all,

First post for me here, but I did (what I thought) was a pretty thorough scrub of the forums and couldn't find any issues like mine...for those that have been here for a while and to whom this may be a duplication of previous threads, please excuse me in advance.

This all started with Adobe, believe it or not...I just installed a copy of Photoshop CS5, during which I was actually forced to archive and install my OS, Snow Leopard 10.6 because of an installation error. This essentially entailed just inserting the Snow Leopard disc and letting the OS X installer do its thing. I do remember, somewhere along the way, an admonishment that this process may somehow corrupt any virtual machines that may be installed, but throwing caution to the wind, I went ahead anyway.

Well, turns out it did indeed corrupt my installation of Parallels 6 somehow, and now none of my VMs work. When I open Parallels, and select File -> Open, then select whichever VM I want, a screen flashes so quickly I can't see it (I assume it says something like "Opening XYZ Virtual Machine"), and then.......nothing.

Thus far, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall Parallels 6 (using the KB article that directs you to delete a bunch of files via Terminal after running the packaged uninstaller) and I deleted my VMs and restored backup copies of them from several months ago.

I'm now at a loss - any ideas what I can do to get Parallels to function again?
 
Back
Top