Hi - same issue here, cross posted in another thread. The media creation tool upgrade option, as detailed in KB article 122884
does not work for me. It simply loops endlessly when it gets to the "checking for updates" part of the upgrade process. Can you post up the content of the WUReset.bat that you ran?
1. Open up Parallels and run current windows
2. In Windows, open up NOTEBOOK and copy and paste the script below to it.
3. Now save the file with the name "WUReset.bat"
4. Right Click on the file (think the command is CTRL+SHIFT+CLICK) on the .bat file and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
5. A small pop-up command window should appear and the script should run
6. Once that is complete you should be able to run the update using the Media Creation Tool with no stalling problems
echo Simple Script to Reset / Clear Windows Update
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2
attrib -h -r -s %windir%\system32\catroot2\*.*
net stop wuauserv
net stop CryptSvc
net stop BITS
ren %windir%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.old
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution sold.old
ren "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\application data\Microsoft\Network\downloader" downloader.old
net Start BITS
net start CryptSvc
net start wuauserv
echo Task completed successfully...
Click to expand...