Can't resize console window

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dsmac, May 1, 2006.

1. dsmac

dsmac Bit poster

First of all, let me say... this software is awesome.

I have a crazy problem. Somehow, I managed to get the VM console window expanded beyond the bounds of my display (external display with a mac mini). Now I can't get to the bottom right corner of the window in order to resize it (Of course, I can still switch to full screen mode just fine). Any ideas? In case you were going to suggest that I change to a higher resolution, my display is already set at 1280x1024. When I reload Parallels, it remembers the old window setting, so I can't get rid of the problem. If there's an obvious (stupid user) solution, don't be shy about offering it - I'm a new convert from windows, so I'm just learning my way around the mac world.

2. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

The lack of a scrollable window is one of the real annoyances for me too.
    D

3. wesley

wesley Pro

Hmm, VirtualPC offered the scroll bars. PW could have an option of using them, too. :)

4. dsmac

dsmac Bit poster

This is a real pain in the neck. Now I can only use PW in full screen mode, because I can't get to the Windows Start Bar (it's off the bottom of the screen). I can't resize the window, because I can't get to the resize handle (it's also off the bottom of the screen). Even if I reinstall PW, it retains the prior window size information, so that doesn't work. Since PW disables the green "+" (expand window to fit display) button on the title bar, I'm stumped (why is that anyway? It's the only app I know that does that). I searched for other Mac Tiger solutions, but couldn't find anything that works. I found some software called Windows Dragon, but it requires something called Application Enhancer that I couldn't get to install. Any ideas? Anyone else run into this problem?

5. richcrook

richcrook Bit poster

tricky

Resize the MS Windows display size to make the virtual window on the desktop smaller. It should automatically resize itself if you have that perference checked...

6. rarudio

rarudio Bit poster

I had the same issue but it went away as soon as I installed Parallels Tools. Give it a try.