Can't run Java 3D 1.6

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by puybaret, May 12, 2015.

1. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

Hi,

I'm the developer of Sweet Home 3D, an interior design application developed in Java.
    This application requires Java3D technology for its 3D part. Until recently, I used Java3D 1.5.2 under Windows and Linux, but would like to upgrade to Java3D 1.6 which is implemented quite differently with JogAmp. Sweet Home 3D + Java3D 1.6 works correctly under Mac OS X, but crashes under Windows, when run in Parallels Desktop. As the JogAmp team is convinced that it's a driver issue, I hope you can fix this issue because I use very often Parallels Desktop to test Sweet Home 3D under Windows with my iMac which is my main computer.
    To help you fix it, I created a simple Jar executable that reproduces this issue. Install Java (any version) under Windows / Parallels Desktop, and run the jar application by double-clicking on it. This application should display a window showing 3 faces of a cube similar to this image:

[​IMG]

but in my case, it crashes issuing a hs_err_pidxxxx log file that contains the following information:
    ----------------------
    Stack: [0x000000001d710000,0x000000001d810000], sp=0x000000001d80f010, free space=1020k
    Native frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code, C=native code)
    C [prl_gldd.dll+0x134d9]
    C 0x00000000027c5e34

Java frames: (J=compiled Java code, j=interpreted, Vv=VM code)
    j jogamp.opengl.gl4.GL4bcImpl.dispatch_glColor4f1(FFFFJ)V+0
    j jogamp.opengl.gl4.GL4bcImpl.glColor4f(FFFF)V+47
    j javax.media.j3d.JoglPipeline.resetColoringAttributes(Ljavax/media/j3d/Context;FFFFZ)V+28
    j javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.resetColoringAttributes(Ljavax/media/j3d/Context;FFFFZ)V+12
    j javax.media.j3d.Canvas3D.resetImmediateRendering()V+131
    j javax.media.j3d.Renderer.doWork(J)V+3824
    j javax.media.j3d.J3dThread.run()V+19
    v ~StubRoutines::call_stub
    ----------------------

Hope this will help to fix this bug.

For your information, until recently, it used to crash also under Ubuntu 14.04 when run in Parallels Desktop, but it's not the case anymore. Encouraging! ;)

Thanks for your support
    --
    Emmanuel Puybaret

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Emmanuel,
    Please submit a Problem Report ID http://kb.parallels.com/9058 and provide us the ID number here to investigate more on this issue.

3. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

I just submitted the problem report as requested. Its ID number is 64285075.
    Hope you can fix this bug :)

4. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

Any news about this issue? I really need it to be fixed because I work everyday with Parallels Desktop.

5. JohnTo

JohnTo Bit poster

Hello, I'm looking for an answer to the same problem. Running Parallels 10 on Mac OS X 9. After upgrading source code to the latest Java 3D and JogAmp, my OpenGl code fails with an extremely similar pro_gldd.dll problem. Same code works fine on a real Windows box. This is a clear failure of Parallels, because I cannot rely on my Windows VM in Parallels to behave identically to a real Windows installation. Does anyone know if there any way to look up the problem report status by the ID number you gave above? Thanks.

6. JohnTo

JohnTo Bit poster

Sorry, that was supposed to say prl_gldd.dll. Autocorrect got me.

7. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

Any news about this bug? Is it fixed at least in Parallels 11?

8. puybaret

puybaret Junior Member

3 months later... Could you give some news, please??? I really need this bug to be fixed to be able to update Sweet Home 3D to Java 3D 1.6 (10 000 downloads per day in case you don't think it's not so important)

9. serv

serv Forum Maven

glColor4f() is likely being called without current context set in the thread. Normally Microsoft openlgl32.dll trampolines would have provided the safety net, but not for the case where driver API is used directly via GetProcAddress().