Can't Select "Shared Network" (greyed out)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BillJ, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BillJ

BillJ Bit poster

I just installed RC1 (3120) and was trying to modify the the Network Adapter settings. The only option I can choose (was pre selected) is Bridged Ethernet. The options for Shared network and Host-only network are greyed out.

I would like to change to Shared network but obviously I can't. Is anyone else experiancing this or does anyone have ideas as to why they are greyed out?

Thanks in advance!
    Bill

2. Duff26

Duff26 Bit poster

That happened with me with a previous release. I just completly uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine. Make sure to back up the VM.

3. BillJ

BillJ Bit poster

Thanx - uninstalled and reinstalled and no change. The two other networking options are still greyed out (disabled). Still not sure why they are not enabled.

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Open Mac System Preferences / Network. If a prompt about new en3 interface does not appear manually add configuration for it: select the bottom option from the "Show" dropdown then click "Add" and select en3. Leave all settings as defaults. Click "Apply". Then from OSX Terminal 'sudo killall -HUP pvsnatd' or reboot.

5. BillJ

BillJ Bit poster

Thanks darkone... that was it. I found a section in the FAQ that talked there may be times when you have to go into the Mac network settings and enable the new network interfaces. They were there but not enables so once I did that (and rebooted) I was good to go!