Can't switch to Coherence mode after pausing VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tbaggett, Sep 1, 2007.

1. tbaggett

tbaggett Bit poster

First off, despite this problem, I love your product and couldn't have switched to the Mac without it. So, here's a tip of my hat to a fantastic piece of software!

With that being said, I've found on 3 or 4 occasions now that I can no longer switch to coherence mode after pausing and starting my VM. I've tried selecting the menu option, clicking the button and pressing the keyboard shortcut and none of them work once it gets into this state.

I can still switch back and forth between full-screen and OS window mode once this occurs. But I have to shut down the VM completely and start it back up to get coherence mode to work again.

Please note that this doesn't happen everytime I pause and start the VM back up. However, I work in coherence mode most the time and only switch back to OS Window mode when I need to pause the VM. Then I start it back up and attempt to switch back to coherence mode. It is annoying when I have to shut down everything I'm in the middle of and start it all back up again just to restore the coherence functionality.

I am running a Windows XP Pro SP2 VM on PD v3.0, build 4560 on a Mac Pro with 3GB RAM.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tom Baggett