Can't transport Fedora Core 8 to OSX via usb drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by EdO, Dec 22, 2010.

1. EdO

EdO Junior Member

This is OSX 10.6.5 running Parallels Desktop 6.0.11990, there is no firewall active.

The other system is Fedora core 8 running linux 2.6.26 with Parallels transporter Agent 11990-621014 installed. The snapshot to disk did not produce errors. However when I mount the external drive on my Mac and use the Parallel importer then navigate to the external drive and select the pvm (it will not let me navigate inside it) when I continue the importer gives me a "This path does not exist" error. I also get the same error if I give it some random file so I am guessing that the importer des not like the pvm

It is possible that FC8 is not a supported system for importing in which case the agent or parallels or both should tell me so, to give a bald denial of the facts is simply irritating.

Can I make progress? If so, how?

2. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi

First of all, please generate a problem report in Parallels Desktop (Help->Report a problem).

Also you can try to copy the VM from external drive into your mac (to keep source VM unchanged). After that open copied VM in Parallels Desktop and try to boot. It is possible that VM is bootable (depends on source host hardware).