Can't Update Parallel Tools

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by DSJ26, Sep 22, 2011.

1. DSJ26

DSJ26

I have Parallel Tools Ver 6 and every time I load Parallel it tells me that the my version of Parallel Tools is outdated and I need to update it. I click on the update button and nothing happens.

I manually went to the Library/Parallels/tools folder on my mac to start Tools but near the end it says there was an error and needs to roll back to a previous version.

Please help

2. ParallelsUser 1812

ParallelsUser 1812 Bit Poster

Exact same problem here.

MBP
    Parallels Build 6.0.12106
    (Revision 692267; September 7, 2011)

After update, parallels tools partially installs, then reverts. Coherence mode not available.

Anyone else?

3. Stolicow

Stolicow

Same issue, on Lion, the update to Build 6.0.12106 (Revision 692267; September 7, 2011) hangs. I killed the install and retried but now it says waiting on another install to complete. This update is hosed.

4. megavolt17

megavolt17 Product Expert

What happens if you uninstall Parallels Tools from Windows, restart Windows and then allow Parallels to automatically install Parallels Tools (or try to)?

5. Craig Givant

Craig Givant

+1

This should work fine.

6. ParallelsUser 1812

ParallelsUser 1812 Bit Poster

+1 Thanks megavolt17 and craig, this worked for me too.

I had to use the instructions on this page to uninstall ptools http://kb.parallels.com/8969

and then the reinstall wouldn't proceed automatically so I had to locate the installer, which was showing up as a local drive in windows explorer.