Hi, everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me because this can't be too difficult a fix and I can't find the answer anywhere! I did a forum search and came up empty.
I had to change the shortname on my MBP (OS X 10.6.6, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7...what else do you want to know? I just got it last October...pretty new and up to date).
After I did that all my Mac stuff worked fine but my Parallels Desktop won't open at all. Parallels can't find it because the Applications folder that housed my Windows installation happened to be inside the shortname folder. It just keeps wanting me to create a new virtual machine.
Question: How do I repoint Parallels to that folder? I don't think I can even uninstall Windows and reinstall it...because Parallels doesn't know it's there. So creating a new virtual machine isn't really the answer (I don't think) because then I'll have a whole much of room taken up by a useless installation.
Am I making any sense?
I had to change the shortname on my MBP (OS X 10.6.6, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7...what else do you want to know? I just got it last October...pretty new and up to date).
After I did that all my Mac stuff worked fine but my Parallels Desktop won't open at all. Parallels can't find it because the Applications folder that housed my Windows installation happened to be inside the shortname folder. It just keeps wanting me to create a new virtual machine.
Question: How do I repoint Parallels to that folder? I don't think I can even uninstall Windows and reinstall it...because Parallels doesn't know it's there. So creating a new virtual machine isn't really the answer (I don't think) because then I'll have a whole much of room taken up by a useless installation.
Am I making any sense?