Hi, I'm really need your help
I'm packaging Parallels Desktop 5 using composer.
I need to know how to change VM default directory. I know you can set it up in preferences. But what I need is after installing parallels desktop 5, the default folder for virtual machines is set to other directory automatically without user interfere for example, /virtual machines and not /users/username/documents/parallels. I have done something but it seems useless, correct me if I'm wrong.
So, I have modified "DefaultVmFolder" in "vmdirectorylist.desktop.xml" file into the following: <DefaultVmFolder>/Virtual Machines</DefaultVmFolder>
I've also made change to the key of "FileDevSelectorWidget.FolderHistoryitem-0" in "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop.plist" file to /Virtual Machines.
I have tried both but everytime I log on and run parallels Desktop the Default folder for virtual machines is still pointing to /users/username/documents/parallels" and it's overwriting the "vmdirectorylist.desktop.xml" file and "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop.plist" to the default setting.
Is there any way to change the default folder for virtual machine to other directory automatically (without changing it manually from preferences) and not overwriten after installation? Cheers.
I'm packaging Parallels Desktop 5 using composer.
I need to know how to change VM default directory. I know you can set it up in preferences. But what I need is after installing parallels desktop 5, the default folder for virtual machines is set to other directory automatically without user interfere for example, /virtual machines and not /users/username/documents/parallels. I have done something but it seems useless, correct me if I'm wrong.
So, I have modified "DefaultVmFolder" in "vmdirectorylist.desktop.xml" file into the following: <DefaultVmFolder>/Virtual Machines</DefaultVmFolder>
I've also made change to the key of "FileDevSelectorWidget.FolderHistoryitem-0" in "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop.plist" file to /Virtual Machines.
I have tried both but everytime I log on and run parallels Desktop the Default folder for virtual machines is still pointing to /users/username/documents/parallels" and it's overwriting the "vmdirectorylist.desktop.xml" file and "com.parallels.Parallels Desktop.plist" to the default setting.
Is there any way to change the default folder for virtual machine to other directory automatically (without changing it manually from preferences) and not overwriten after installation? Cheers.