"Check your internet connection" during parallel desktop activation

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ParallelsU142, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @Pakita, Could you please confirm that you are referring to this KB article and tried all the steps to fix the issue? Also, let us your host Mac OS version. Does the issue occur after the renewal? Kindly make sure that you do not have any anti-virus that blocks the Parallels registration server. Thanks.

2. JLAS

JLAS Bit poster

The issue is happening again it appears

Chris72 likes this.
  3. Chris72

Chris72 Bit poster

It just happened to me yesterday. I haven't been using it for months and it used to be fine.

Parallels Desktop for Mac 11.

Is there really no fix for this? The kb articles are useless.

4. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

Having the same problem. Keep getting the response: "Please check the Internet connection and try again"

It appears to be ongoing with Version 11. Not sure if the problem is on my end, or the Parallels server. Have tried all the 'tips and tricks' listed on other forums to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

5. PatrickN11

PatrickN11 Bit poster

It happened to me too after I reinstalled my OS. I'm running Version 11 on Mac OS Sierra. Support staff just asked me to upgrade to Version 18 and use latest Mac OS despite me explaining that the apps that I use for my work on operates in OS Sierra and Windows XP. I've practically lost access to 6 years worth of work for the last 5 days now. I would be most grateful for any suggestions from fellow users.

Thanks
    Patrick

6. Dr. Guru

Dr. Guru Bit poster

I'm beginning to have doubts that Parallels has the interests of their customers in mind. Either that, or they are indifferent to the fact that a lot of computational work is still done on legacy platforms. It's a planned obsolescence game these developers play (not just Parallels) to be able to sell the same 'marginally developed' product over and over. Currently with Apple's transition to ARM processors, and Parallels lack of enthusiasm to keep backwards compatibility through emulation, we're seriously testing replacements like QEMU, VirtualBox, etc. After being a customer of Parallels since version 1.0 (I still have the my DVD of it), it's probably time to move on in the near future.

AlexBo1 and Jim18 like this.