Chrome and Edge extremely slow in Parallels MacOS VM on MacBook Pro M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by TomH21, Nov 22, 2021.

1. TomH21

TomH21 Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm running Parallels on a new MacBook Pro M1, and have a MacOS 12 Monterey VM running successfully. The Safari browser works great in the Mac VM, but when I try running the Apple Silicon version of Chrome or Edge, it's so slow as to be unusable. There is a 4-5 second delay even typing letters on the keyboard. I opened a ticket with Parallels but they just told me to make sure I have the latest Parallels Tools installed, which I have done.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I use VMs for browser based software demos and Safari doesn't have the best look and feel for our software. In the meantime I'm using a Windows 11 Insider Preview VM which is working fine, but isn't a long term solution.

Thanks for any insight or recommendations.

2. DaveW16

DaveW16 Bit poster

Yes, having issues with both Chrome browser and Edge browser not rending properly and very sluggish. I'm trying to trouble shoot now but finding Firefox works fine.

3. TomH21

TomH21 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. Good to know it's not just me. Please let me know if you find a resolution.

4. sparkomagic

sparkomagic Bit poster

same issue, wish I found this post earlier. I even tried adding config.ini to bump up vCPU.Count, etc. (it's not exposed in UI like with windows) to no avail.

5. TomH21

TomH21 Bit poster

Yes, very frustrating! I had actually forgotten about it since this post was so long ago. I figured surely it would be resolved by now. Just tried again and it's still unusable. I've been using Windows 11 Insider Preview as a workaround (I just need a stable dedicated platform for performing software demos).

Let me know if you discover any resolutions...

6. BrandonD7

BrandonD7 Bit poster

This is still an issue for me. We have 250+ Mb/s up/down speeds and Chrome is running like it's on WinXP with 2GB of RAM. Any Fixes @parallels??