Chrome and VSCode are having refresh problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Guest OS Discussion' started by ChrisD21, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ChrisD21

ChrisD21 Bit Poster

I'm am running Chrome and VSCode under a MacOS guest VM. They both seem to refresh issues, where sections of the applications are just blank and so I can't see the icons or words to click on.

My host is MacOS 10.14.6, running Parallels 15.1.2, and the guest is 10.14.4. I was using Chrome 80.0.3987.87 and VSCode 1.4.11.

In the VSCode screenshot, there should be icons along the left side. And you can see a line of text in the editor area that is half cut off. When mousing over, you see lots of blinking that usually isn't there.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.02.48 PM.png
    In the Chrome screenshot, you see missing lines of text, buttons missing text (grey outline and blue filled box towards bottom), a half cut off line of text, and where I'm typing in the URL area there should have been text too.
    Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.02.02 PM.png

FWIW, I need the debugger functionality of Chrome and VSCode in the VM, so it's not like I can just run Safari as a work around.

2. MaxxP

MaxxP Bit Poster

Hi ChrisD21
    I would like to say that if you are using Apple's operating system on Apple's device then simply use also his product Safari (which is a web browser). Every feature is now available in safari, so don't be worry to use it instead of chrome. The problem which was safari can't establish a secure connection to server that solution has been on the internet. But the thing is that try to clear cache and cookies every day to get rid of any future issues regarding this.

3. ChrisD21

ChrisD21 Bit Poster

Hi @MaxxP,
    Thanks for trying, but your suggestion is not helpful for my situation. I'm not using Chrome to browse, I'm using Chrome to debug, and it must be Chrome or something else that can communicate the Chrome DevTools Protocol (like VSCode). Safari will not work, as I said in the last sentence of my post. I wish it would.