Cleaning up the physical disk

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by doubledave22, Jul 10, 2007.

1. doubledave22

doubledave22 Member

im getting an error that says "unable to allocate virtual machine memory!" it says to free up disk space to allocate virtual machine paging file. What do i have to do and how do i do it?

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Run a good system cleaner like Onyx.

3. twlim

twlim Bit poster

Free up disk space for virtual memory

I have the same problem. Whenever I saved a file, instead of saving it to the Windows allocated disk space - which I checked to have 24GB free, the MAC HD become smaller and smaller an eventually run out of the 512MB needed. I practically deleted all the unwanted application on the Mac side to increase the space. But it continue to gobber up space on the MAC side. What is wrong after upgrading to 3.0???

4. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

Have the same problem....my hd on mac side becomes smaller and smaller. Have installed 20 gb in windows with still 10 gb free space. But my winxp.hdd is growing up to 42 gb.

5. doubledave22

doubledave22 Member

so how do you fix this problem?

6. doubledave22

doubledave22 Member

bump... anyone have a clue?

7. ohTina

ohTina Member

I had this problem. I ran the most up-to-date tech tool pro I could find to optimize the mac. After that, did a "Find" for my original vm and found it just fine. Hope this helps.