"Clipboard history" requires your consent ...

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by HC_3, Nov 14, 2021.

1. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

i have been using the clipboard history for a long time and it has always worked without any problems.

since one of the last updates, however, the message comes up every now and then:

"Clipboard history" requires your
    consent to paste text and images from the
    from the clipboard into an active application.
    application. This is how you give permission: ..."
    (see attachment)

when i switch to the system settings, i see that the clipboard history is already set up there under security & privacy > privacy > user aids.

who can tell me why this is happening and what I can do?

Attached Files:

2. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

update on the topic: after a reboot, i was able to integrate the clipboard history in the system settings after all.

although I had tried this before and it didn't work.

do i need to understand this?

3. JohnT35

JohnT35 Bit poster

HC_3,
    I am having the exact same problem. Were you able to fix it? I have always seen this app as extremely useful.
    Just asking, but before or after your reboot, what exactly did you do? I have restarted my Mac many times. Sometimes there is no problem and sometimes, like now, there is. Please let me know if you have the time.
    Sincerely,
    John
    Running 10.15.7 Catalina (maybe I should upgrade?)

4. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

yes, that is exactly the problem.

in the last few days it did not occur anymore. i deleted the clipboard history from the user aids and the autostart and set parallels toolbox to not start automatically. after restarting my mac and the toolbox (manually) i set up the clipboard history again. since then it works. (but that was also the case two or three times before).

i am curious and will get back to you when i can say more ...

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    to fix permission issue with Clipboard History you can do this
    - Quilt Clipboard History tool
    - In Terminal application launch this command:
    tccutil reset All com.parallels.toolbox.ClipboardHistory
    - Launch Clipboard History tool again. It will ask for Accessibility permissions after you try to paste item into current application using double click.
    - Go to System Preferences and grant Accessibility permission for Clipboard History

6. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

thank you very much, @sergk . i will try this if there are any more difficulties.

7. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

since the problem reoccurred that the clipboard history no longer worked properly (see above), i have now put your advice into practice:

now it seems to work again @sergk thank you very much for your help!

8. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

btw ... i noticed something else: until now, i think, a double-click on an entry in the clipboard history inserted the content directly into the active window. (as i know it from other clipboard managers.) but now the entry is only put into the clipboard. how can i change this?

9. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

nobody any idea? who can help me please?

10. BrianB7

BrianB7 Bit poster

This is definitely a bug. Parallels, please fix it!

11. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

a short update on this: the issue has been resolved for me. i now solve this with "better touch tool". this works and offers much better possibilities. (in this respect and far beyond.)

12. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Yes, it is a bug in Clipboard History and it will be fixed in nearest release.

13. RR_6

RR_6 Bit poster

Checking if this is fixed yet. Went through this steps and double-click does not yet paste into the active application.
    Thanks

14. DigitalS8

DigitalS8 Bit poster

Thanks @sergk for the help. Problem resolved.

15. RR_6

RR_6 Bit poster

Did these steps. Still not working?