Clipboard is not shared between Windows 8 (Guest) and Mountain Lion (Host)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by brewdente, Sep 21, 2012.

1. brewdente

brewdente Bit poster

I have the following option set in my configuration for windows 8:

Copy & Paste: [check] Share Mac clipboard
    [check] Preserve text formatting

However, copy & paste still does not work for me. The only thing that I can think that I changed was that I changed the Copy and Paste keyboard shortcuts to be <CONTROL>+C and <CONTROL>+V (instead of, the default, <COMMAND>+C and <COMMAND>+V).

I'm running Parallels 8.0.18101.

Any help is appreciated.

.Kevin

2. strells

strells Product Expert

First troubleshooting step is to always try reinstalling Parallels Tools from the Virtual Machine menu.

Steve

3. brewdente

brewdente Bit poster

Ug, thanks for that. (Yeah, that worked). I'm fairly new to parallels so your advice will come in fairly handy.

4. AnnaDavis

AnnaDavis Bit poster

Copy and paste does not work on P8

I have had two sessions with parallels tech support and they say sorry they do not know how to fix the copy and paste.
    I have uninstalled tools and reinstalled, I have uninstalled parallels and reinstalled, the techs have done the same thing and nothing works. I can drag and drop from parallels to the mac and from mac to parallels but the copy and paste just will not work and I really need it to work.

5. Martin Grøn

Martin Grøn Bit poster

Not working for me either :(

I have the latest macbook pro, mountain lion and windows 8 and I have reinstallered parallels tools, set the sharing part correct and I can not copy/paste OR drag/drop :/

Very annoying :(

6. AnnaDavis

AnnaDavis Bit poster

Copy and Paste

After you reinstall parallel tools don't let it auto close, close windows only with the start button, this is the only way my copy and paste work.

7. Martin Grøn

Martin Grøn Bit poster

This does NOT work for me :(

I have tried pretty much everything and nothing still works with copy and paste.

Mountain Lion, WIndows 8 and parallels 8 :(

8. Robert Strauss

Robert Strauss Bit poster

Same here. Doesn't work.

9. Zendog

Zendog Junior Member

Same issue here... Has anyone published a fix for this? Have reinstalled the tools numerous times and still no joy for clipboard functionality between the OS X and guest Win 8.

10. cborgia

cborgia Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Would be nice to get an update from parallels on this.

11. Robert Strauss

Robert Strauss Bit poster

One Man's Solution

I know this is not what any of us want to hear, but my workaround for this and other problems with Windows 8 on a Mac was to downgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit. Everything works perfectly. It's fast and rock solid stable. More importantly, every device driver, including Parallels drivers, work flawlessly. Now that I've given Windows 8 a fair shake, I can honestly say that it's just not ready for prime time. Not sure we can blame Parallels for this. Consider Windows 8 the beta release of Windows 9 and be patient. If you want cute little programs (like weather for example) that you can download from an app store and share with other devices you own, remember that you already own a Mac!

12. VikashS

VikashS Bit poster

Reinstalling Parallels Tools worked for me

I dont know if this will work on windows 8. Here is what I did for my Windows 7.

After Reinstalling Parallels Tools I did not click restart immediately, instead clicked postpone and then manually restarted Windows 7 by clicking on the start button.

Hope this helps!!