Coherence + Crystal: some oddities

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jeremy Bernstein, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

Trying out Coherence + Crystal on my MVP. Some issues/questions/complaints:

1. Why do Parallels Windows come to the front when I press the power key on my Macbook Pro?
    2. If I have an application open in Parallels with multiple windows and switch to it from the Mac side, I never know which window will be frontmost. It would be nice if the z-order were maintained.
    3. I managed to confuse Parallels pretty badly by using the Lion feature with the three-finger scroll (not sure what it's called -- it's the successor to Spaces). I had a fullscreen app running (Space #3), and a few non-fullscreen apps (Space #2). Space #1 was the Dashboard. I chose the fullscreen app, which suddenly appeared in Space #2. After I quit it, the image remained on my desktop (covering my desktop), and I couldn't get rid of it. Even when I left Coherence mode, it remained, and then Parallels crashed. I sent the report in.

In general, I'm finding Coherence + Crystal to be very useful and natural, but there are a few look and feel issues that still need to be addressed. I never want windows to come to the front when I haven't asked for them. I never want the "wrong" window to come to the front when I switch to an app. Small things, but they matter.

Thanks
    Jeremy

2. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

One more thing. Having Coherence + Crystal enabled causes my Dock.app to act a little weird. Again, it's mostly about switching between apps. If Mail is in the background and I cmd-tab to it. It often gets enabled in the background. This is _not_ the case when Coherence isn't running.