Coherence, mission control, and duplicated/inaccurate windows

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JamesS10, Oct 27, 2021.

1. JamesS10

JamesS10 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels on macOS 11 and 12 (seeing it on both) and Windows 7 as a guest OS.

When I enable Coherence and try to use Mission Control, it's a crap shoot what window I'll get when I select one.

There are often duplicated windows when this happens or simply inaccurate previews.

So what winds up happening is you activate Mission Control, select the window you want, when the window comes into focus, its contents completely change to some other window (because the preview Mission Control was displaying was actually for a different window). Repeat until the actual window comes up (or more likely you click the Dock icon to bring the app into focus and then sift through those windows).

This only happens in Parallels/Coherence for me (and I only use macOS as host and Windows 7 as guest).

Is this something others have noticed? It's gone on for over a year for me and is very irritating. I would assume it's a GPU glitch, but this is the only time it happens.

2. JamesS10

JamesS10 Bit poster

I made a screen shot.
    There is only one teal window open, but it shows up inside the preview of another window.
    The window selected is the Edge browser, but it's displaying a version of the window to the right of it (Remote Desktop client).
    You can't really use mission control will windows from Windows IME. The previews are only accurate for macOS windows.

Attached Files:

3. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @JamesS10, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/6571 to create a support ticket and reply with the ticket number along with the technical report ID. Refer this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/9058 for Technical report ID with the screenshot of the issue. Thanks, McAllen.