Coherence Problem + Missing Drivers in VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Kardde, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Kardde

Kardde Bit poster

Installed XP Home using BootCamp, running Parallels 3.0.

I am able to boot into Windows at startup just fine with no problems, and all drivers functional.

When using virtual machine to access Windows while in MacOS, I can't get coherence to work. I click on the button, and nothing happens. Have looked through the settings, and am not sure which one might be causing the issue. For what it's worth, full screen mode does work.

Also, when using XP through VM, there are two devices that can't be installed (it tries to install them through the Windows Found New Hardware wizard). The devices in question are "Other PCI Bridge" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". I've tried to install them using the Mac drivers disc that was made during the BootDisk install, but no luck. These drivers are not missing when I boot directly into Windows.

Could the coherence problem and the missing drivers be connected?

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm a very experienced Windows user, but am a baby when it comes to Macs (just bought my MacBook on Tuesday), so if you can offer any assistance, please keep in mind that I'm still trying to learn where things are on the MacOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Uezi

Uezi Member

Did you install the "parallel tools" in the vm ? Is it running and coherence is enabled ?