Command key always activates Windows Menu

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BryanE1, Apr 21, 2022.

1. BryanE1

BryanE1 Bit poster

Whenever I press the Mac command key (next to spacebar), solely or in combination with other keys, it always pulls up the Windows Start Menu. I can't find an option to remap this, could somebody help me out?

2. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

3. Eric51

Eric51 Bit poster

Could you please just answer the question asked with a solution rather than a link? I see it's asked many times around here and I don't see the answer and that page and the control panel are not helpful. It's JUST the command key - not a combo - I don't see how to solve that at the page provided or in prefs. Stupid Start menu is a constant headache. Thank you for taking a couple of minutes to address this specifically.

4. DomokosB

DomokosB Bit poster

Hi,
    I have/had the same issue and I have found a solution. It is not the best, but works.
    First, you need to set up the key bindings as written in the article posted by Nazeemabanu@P.
    Then you only need a little trick. I'm describing ctrl+click selection in windows, but it should work for other purposes as well.

So in order for your cmd+click to work, you should double press cmd key and keep it pressed after the second time.
    If you keep that pressed you will be able to select items simultaneously. If you release the cmd key but need to add another item to be selected, just double press cmd again.

I hope this helps a little.
    Thanks,
    Domokos

5. Dan35

Dan35 Bit poster

I share the frustration of OP it would have been helpful to have answered him with this simple information.
    Command maps to the Windows Key. If you map it to something else, like Control, then you won't have the stupid Start Menu popping up all the time.
    Come on parallels, you could have done better supporting this one.

Attached Files: