Command-Q not quitting

EmoryP

Bit poster
Long time user of VMWare, but older version no longer working, and now in trial period for Parallels, on 2019 iMac. Installed with default Windows 10 installation. When I hit Command-Q to quit, nothing happens. If I use the mouse to quit from the menubar, it quits. So first question is why isn't the keyboard Command-Q working?

Also, I found the setting to automatically start Windows when opening Parallels, and that works (other than annoying trial splash screen to get through). But when I quit Windows, Parallels remains running and need to quit that separately. I'm sure that is a simple fix, but can't find where to set that correctly. With VMWare, it was very seamless in opening VMWare automatically launched Windows and quitting from Windows quit VMWare as well... thanks!
 
Hi you can set the following settings in VM configuration and check the auto start and shut down Windows+Parallels Desktop options.

Open VM configuration -> Option -> Start up and Shut down
at "Startup automaticaly" - choose when Parallels Desktop starts
at "On VM shutdown" -> Quit Parallels Desktop.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.33.34.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.33.34.png
    43 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.33.14.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.33.14.png
    34 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top