Comparing products -- my thoughts and the interest it generated

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by daj, Oct 3, 2011.

1. daj

daj Member

This is not really a question, more an observation.

I have been a Parallels user since the beginning but a few years ago I slipped away to Fusion -- don't ask!

Anyway, when Parallels and Fusion both released new versions I decided to re-check my decision. I ended up blogging about it and the guys at Parallels saw my post and asked me to guest blog on their Consumer Tech blog.

Here it is...http://blogs.parallels.com/consumer...-parallels-desktop-7-is-the-clear-winner.html

My main observatoin, beyond the technical side of Parallels, is how popular the subject of comparison of the products is. The article (on my own blog) has become the second most read post of all time; topped only by Google+ tips. Beyond the referral links from Parallels themselves, I get a lot of hits every day via search engines on the topic.

There's clearly a huge amount of interest in VMs.

(Just to be clear; I wrote my own blog article independently; Parallels then found it and obviously wanted to use it in online marketing -- my findings are genuine and not fabricated for a story)

Moderators -- not sure if this is in the correct place -- feel free to move!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011