Compatibility with 32bit apps

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulJ14, Dec 19, 2019.

1. PaulJ14

PaulJ14 Bit poster

Are there any known issues with the following configurations-
    1. Running 32bit Windows apps under Mojave v10.14.6/ Parallels v14.1.3/ Win10? Ans- NO. This is my current configuration.
    2. Running 32bit Windows apps under Mojave v10.14.6/ Parallels v15/ Win10? Ans-
    3. Running 32bit Windows apps under Catalina/ Parallels v14.1.3/ Win10? Ans-
    4. Running 32bit Windows apps under Catalina/ Parallels v15/ Win10? Ans-

>Regarding Q2- I purchased Parallels v14.1.3 under a "one-time-purchase. Can I purchase Parallels 15 as a one-time-purchase?
    >The reason for all this is I have an ancient Win app (Microsoft Image Composer) that was never maintained by Microsoft that MUST run under whatever configuration I go to. My preference is to go to most recent versions of everything (option #4) but if this configuration has known issues, I need to know the compatibility of configurations 2 & 3. Worst case is I stay with option #1.

Thanks

R.I likes this.
  2. R.I

R.I Bit poster

I have the same question also. I want to download OSX Catalina but I also want to run Parallels 15 because I have a lot of PC software that I don't want to repurchase to use on my Mac with Parallels 15. Is it possible to run Catalina with Parallels 15 and Windows 32 bit software? This question hasn't been addressed nor has it appeared anywhere in the forums. I'm sure many people have this same question as well.

3. Hello, Paul, we've got your message:
    What is the normal time to go from an Apple desk to the Win 10 desktop? It's taking around 10 minutes for me so I'm thinking I have something configured wrong.
    2012 macbook pro
    Mojave v10.14.6

Please let us know, does your Widows start during the 10 minutes? After start, does the Windows work ok?